Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter in Paris


This picture is a scan of the Holiday Card I made and sent to my family members and friends. I had originally wanted to draw Sacre Coeur in snow and I did a lot of Internet research on finding a proper assortment of images to create this illustration. The Eiffel Tower has a mysterious and magical hold over many Americans, and while clicking through about a hundred images of Paris, the Eiffel Tower began to call to me. I reasoned that I could quickly draw and complete this picture and then I would move on to a proper illustration of Sacre Coeur. (And wouldn't Sacre Coeur, a beautiful church, make more sense on the front of a Christmas Card? "Mais oui!")

Actually, this picture took a longer time to draw than I had expected. Once it was completed I had to hand paint all of the white details on each card. The number of Holiday cards I send out seems to have grown larger and larger each year. In the end, I found myself spending the holidays with my family in Chicago and still painting cards several days after Christmas- hoping that people wouldn't be too mad getting a very tardy holiday card. (As I write this I can still think of several people who I still owe a holiday card too... I'm sorry!) But this seems to be the refrain for every holiday- There is never enough time!

If anyone reading my blog would still like to receive "A Very Tardy Holiday Card", please send me your address. I will send you a blank Eiffel Tower card which you will be able to send out during the holidays next year to a friend or loved one. Happy Belated Holidays to everyone! Big Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is very nice and I like it. Have a very good year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup, Monique! Et pour vous aussi, Bonne Année!

      Delete