Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Walk Through Central Park


Today I was scheduled to work at my company's store which is located on Madison Ave. The commute to Madison Ave on the Upper East Side adds an additional twenty minutes to my morning but it really reinforced how rarely I get out of my usual 'groove'. (My day is usually some variation of the following; apartment, subway, coffee shop, work, coffee again, more work, lunch place, work, coffee again, subway, home.)

But today was different! I emerged from the subway at Carnegie Hall and I had less than one hour to dart through Central Park on a diagonal to the Upper East Side. Today was sunny and cool and Central Park was buzzing with families, tourists, joggers, bikers, horses, and trees that were just beginning to bloom. In the little time I had I took several photographs and put down this simple sketch of the boat house. Tomorrow I am off of work and with luck I plan to begin a more detailed illustration of this and several other Central Park locations. Please check back soon for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment