Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spending Time in an Acrylic Forest


Like many fashion retail companies, the company I work for is already a season or two ahead of us. The people in the office are finishing up the Winter buy and looking at the colors for next Spring and Summer. (It reminds me of the publishing industry. Magazines are probably writing the copy now for their Halloween issues and selecting their must-haves for Christmas.) My company is holding a press event to showcase our Winter Collection and the visual team now has to think of stylish ways to feature rich gem tones in a classy winter-ie way.

I have been asked to contribute a few evenings of my time to painting birch trees onto large mirrored panels we have. The idea is to create an illusion of a real forest when we arrange real birch tree trunks in front of this mirror. So far I am pleased with what we have accomplished and I cannot wait to see what it will look like once it is properly installed. Today I will be adding some small details on the trees. Hopefully that will make them stand out a bit... I will post additional photos when this forest is in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment