Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring is Around the Corner


For the last few days New York has been hit by terrible rain storms. I even heard on NPR that in New York City during the worst of the weather, there were the second highest number of phone calls placed to 911 in the history of the emergency hot line. (The only time more people called was during the black out a few years back!)

I am hoping that March Showers will bring April Flowers. (A little earlier than usual, but I am optimistic!) Tons and tons of water has fallen over the past forty-eight hours so I believe there should be tons and tons of flowers. Even today, I am pleased to report that on a brief trip to the bank, I swear I could smell Spring, getting closer and closer. In honor of the impending pleasant weather I have set up this blog and a new Etsy page. It is my goal to place a series of illustrations I have completed on their web site for everyone to see (and buy?). I also have made a firm decision that this year I will become a member of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. It is the most beautiful spot in all five boroughs when the cherry blossoms begin to bloom. I have always felt inspired to sit and draw at the Botanic Gardens and I am eager and willing to take recommendations from any one else on great locations to sit and watch Spring arrive. (Hopefully someplace I can get to on my MetroCard. Or Bolt Bus.)

Thanks for reading my new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment