Thursday, February 3, 2011

Love in Times Square


Here is my Valentine for this year. This is an image that has been sitting in my sketch book, patiently waiting in line for a chance to be drawn and finished, for several weeks now. I am very pleased with how it came out.

Perhaps this image in inspired by the famous black and white photo of the sailor kissing the young lady at the end of World War II... I have always loved Times Square and it is always a treat to sit down and draw something that you have a connection to.

I am still making very small changes to this image but it is available on my Etsy page for purchase. Please check it out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/danieljosephdurkin . (We are running out of time before the 14th... does everyone have a card for their special someone?)

4 comments:

  1. YES!
    Dan can draw!
    congratulations, great illustrations!

    greetings from São Paulo,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise! Its so nice of you to say that!
    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan can draw , and really good!
    Awesome!

    All good wishes for happy and sunny dream life there,

    Greetings from Croatia, Istra

    Matija

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Matija. I'm so pleased you spent a little time here on my blog! Best wishes, -Dan :)

    ReplyDelete