Friday, January 28, 2011

Spreading like rabbits...


Isn't it just the way this always happens? I have one sketch of a bunny in my house, and then I draw a second bunny... (they meet, fall in love...) Before I know it, there are 77 bunnies! ...or to be more specific, I have had orders for 77 Year of the Rabbit Cards.

I'd like to take a few minutes and thank everyone who checked out my Etsy shop over the last few weeks. The conversations I have shared with Etsy customers have been wonderful! I have attached a map of the United States showing where the bunny cards are concentrated. (I love those red and blue political maps at election time... can you tell?)

The whole Pacific Rim of the US had a great reaction to the cards. Thanks to Darci and Anna in Seattle, Max from Bainbridge Island, Margie in Spokane, Emily in Portland, Cecilia in San Francisco, Mymy in Menlo Park, and my good friends Jarrod and Amnon in the Bay Area. Honorable mention goes to the very chilly Minnesota, Illinois, and Colorado. Thank you Karen in River Forest, Rebecca in Lincolnwood, Lora in Minneapolis, Jeni in Mankato, and Midori in Arvada. I was pleased as punch to receive an order from Texas, Ohio, and Washington D.C. Thank you Barbara, Bonnie, and Gillian!

This map does not even show a little red symbol in Melbourne, Australia, but thanks to Kerry our little bunny is hanging out with kangaroos.

Special mention and thanks to Annette in Toronto who is sure that this is going to be her year! Also, to Howard in Brooklyn for providing helpful design tips and for suggesting yummy, local restaurants. I was pleased to be in touch again with the Parson's Family in South Carolina. (Check out their Etsy page by searching their shop name MonkeysOnTheRoof.) Thanks also to my good friend and co-worker, Nora, right here in New York City.

My friend Tania gave me instructions on how best to celebrate the Chinese New Year on February 3rd. She recommended not washing your hair or sweeping up your house because that might inadvertently sweep away your luck. She also suggested that you buy a new item of red clothing and wear it that day. (Isn't this much more interesting than silly Groundhog's Day?)

4 comments:

  1. Nice map! Honestly, I'd prefer to be in a "blue" state : ), but since this isn't a political map, I suppose I can overlook this one little detail. : D

    To help celebrate the new year, I'm planning on giving friends 2 oranges or kumquats (supposed to be lucky) and the lovely rabbit cards, made by you, with some crisp new cash tucked inside...$2, $6, or $8 (prefer to do 8, as that is the number of prosperity).

    Jeni in Mankato : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Jeni! Kumquats!? I didn't know those were lucky! How neat! Best wishes for 2011! -Dan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dan,

    Hope you don't mind but we posted a pic of your bunny card and a link to your etsy shop on our tumblr site. If you want us to take it down just let us know. One of us is a rabbit in the chinese calendar and we just LOVE your work!

    www.withgraceandjudy.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace and Judy, I am pleased and flattered that I am on your site. I just spent a few minutes looking at some of the other images there... what neat stuff. That Alice in Wonderland book... wow!
    Big hugs, -Dan :)

    ReplyDelete