Thursday, August 11, 2011

Planning a Holiday in London



I have a "holiday" planned in less than a month. My boyfriend and I are going to London for a week and I am pleased to report that although this will be my fourth time there this will be his first trip to England. I cannot wait! I love the history of the city, the crazy way the streets are laid out, and of course the food in London. Fish and chips with a cold pint of cider are the makings of a perfect meal. No place on earth does it better than London.

It took us a long time before we finally settled on going to London. Just by chance I had been working on this illustration for some time beforehand. Right when I was finishing up the last few details we bought our plane tickets and booked our hotel. (Perhaps this means I had a premonition!)

This illustration is a combination of several things. The cute little mini cooper is based on a classic cooper which is parked in a neighbor's driveway a few blocks from me in Brooklyn. I then used a combination of my vacation photos and historical images to create the London street. The dome in the back in St. Paul's Cathedral. (On one vacation my mother and I walked up thousands of stairs to see the view from the very tip top of that dome!)

If you are interested in this card please check out my Etsy Page for further information. http://www.etsy.com/shop/danieljosephdurkin . Also, if anyone reading this has done something super awesome during a stay in London please send me a recommendation! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment