Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Silver and Bronze Forest


This is photo of a recently completed wall painting commissioned by the visual team at the company I work for. They needed an autumn/winter looking background for a new collection. The idea was to pull out the silver and bronze tones so I only used two colors of metallic paint and built up several layers of each to create a sense of depth.

All in all I was pleased with what we ended up with... Anyone artist/designer will tell you that often you get half way through a project and think, "Oh no... what if this ends up looking terrible!? What'll I do!?" This particular project gave me a larger dose of that anxiety than I have felt in several months... Oh well. On to the next project!

P.S. I also just got back from a brief mini-vacation to Maine. What a great state! I took a million photographs and I am going to try to do some Maine based artwork soon. Stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment